- Our client is a major UK Call Centre Operator and Home Delivery Retailer.
- It operates with over 2000 contact centre staff across a number of locations.
- It delivers over £30m worth of sales a week.
- It handles in excess of 60,000 calls per week
- The client call centres are operated independently of each other by differing business streams.
- An incident at any one or other of their sites would affect staff and customers of multiple business streams.
- The management of such an incident would be handled by each business stream in isolation.
- The approach was considered inefficient and detrimental to the brand management of the business.
- We developed a combined Emergency Response and Incident Management Plan for each location.
- They incorporated Incident Management Teams with key representatives from each business stream.
- They provided a critical path of actions to deliver, if faced with a major site related incident situation, in order to protect: people; communications; property; business processes; and reputation.
- We then trained and exercised those responsible for managing a major incident situation
- The business gained confidence in its ability to manage a major incident at one of its call centre locations.
- The teams responsible developed skills and confidence in their own ability, if faced with having to manage a major incident.
- A co-ordinated approach across business streams was implemented that better protected the wider brand.
- An ongoing management process was introduced to ensure regular updating and testing of arrangements.