- A organisation operating in a unique international environment.
- Providing a critical service to a strategic customer.
- With their Head Office based in the UK.
- Our client had developed a business recovery capability for their Head Office.
- They needed assurance that it was fit for purpose and that it could be relied upon, if and when it needed to be deployed.
- They required an appropriate exercise that would challenge this capability and in doing so, provide the confidence needed over their incident response, office and IT disaster recovery arrangements.
- We developed a scenario exercise that involved a major incident at their Head Office that denied access for several weeks and severely impacted their data centres.
- The exercise was designed to be run on a real time basis, over the course of 2 days.
- It involved
- The mobilisation of the Incident Management Team (in the early hours of the morning, and without prior notification).
- The enactment by the Incident Management Team of their response roles.
- The activation and deployment of their IT and office recovery arrangements, in real time.
- Assurance was provided to the business that its response and recovery arrangements were fit for purpose.
- The Incident Response Team was exercised in a controlled but demanding environment, thus enhancing their incident management skills and improving their understanding of the processes and arrangements in place.
- A number of gaps were identified in both the response procedures and recovery infrastructure against which, mitigating actions were agreed and subsequently implemented.
- Key staff were provided with an opportunity to work from the recovery site and test systems availability